Skip to main content

Death. And All Her Demons..

Death. Loss. The pain of loss never gets old. It is totally indescribable. There's no exact word to describe   how it feels. The feelings may vary from person to person. It definitely hurts really really bad, we'd all agree. It’s a raw feeling, it’s a fresh wound, it’s a heaviness that one can’t contain, it pulls at one’s heartstrings, and it drives one into UNsane and unsafe brooding. It breaks one down, it almost cuts off one’s air just by every flashing thought, every memory, every recall. There’s pain. There’s sadness. There’s regret. There’s depression. There’s frustration. There’s anguish. There’s resign. There’s resolve. No one will ever fully understand or know how to describe how they feel when they lose someone. No one will ever be able to console the bereaved appropriately or enough for them to feel better. No one ever truly or fully heals from the pain of the loss of a loved one. That being said, one has to heal. One has to come out of this deep dark unending abyss of despair. One has to be able to think about their lost one and not break down err’ damn time. One has to rid themselves of the painful reminders, and fill their minds and souls up with happy thoughts, with good memories, with gratifying words and thanks to God for letting them be a part of the lives of their lost loved ones no matter how short, how brief, how untimely ended it was. It is hard, all this. Moving past the sorrow is hard. Leaving the pain is hard. Letting go of a loved one is hard. One almost feeds off this pain, almost depends on it just to feel something. Allowing the despair to take over, leaving no space for respite or relief or recovery. Leaving the pain is hard. But it can be done. It can be achieved. By determining to stay positive, by believing that God has a reason for everything, by being thankful to God for letting your loved one ever exist, by trusting that God and your loved one are always with you, in spirit, in thoughts and in your heart. May God grant us all the strength and fortitude to bear our losses and we pray he grants our loved ones eternal rest at his bosom, by His grace, Amen.

Comments

  1. Sober reflection... Well said... our loved ones are unique that's why there is never a replacement for them, no one ever fills that gap. but we can always substitute, find happiness from what's left around us, not seeking to replace but forge ahead, make new meanings out of old stuff/upgrade. I lost someone dear to me as a kid, some nights I cried, all day I wished, but reality stood in my way. I have seen several people turning up as replacements, the truth is they can never fit that shoe. But I owe them for their support and love, I have made new meaning of whom they are to me, because they gave me light in my dark ages. The truth is if you continue to think about your loss you will ever continue to feel the wound, change of focus will help one heal and forge ahead. Life is filled with UPS and downs. Nice article. Doctore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tortured Soul....again.

It's been a while since my last post. I lost the zeal. I lost my patience. I lost a year. I lost a person. I lost a Mum. I lost the zeal to tell whoever cared to read about my life, coz honestly there was really nothing to tell. I lost my patience for "friends" who di'n care as they should, who refused to be there as they should've. I lost a year at school because apparently I wasn't serious enough.. I lost a person, a friend, to the chilly fingers of death in the most painful way possible. I lost a Mum, an aunt actually, the kindda aunt that is never really considered an aunt but a Mum. The kindda aunt that is never really called "Aunty", but "Mummy". The kindda Mum that I knew I always had in my corner whenever, wherever, for whatever reason...even when the actual Mum got cranky. The love in her heart would make me feel invincible. The love in her eyes flaming like a ruthless inferno. She would walk through a fire for us if she had to. Sh
Oh how I miss my inner child. Oh how I long for my heart so mild. Oh how I want to go pro wild. They didn't warn me about adulthood. They didn't tell me one day I'd have to work for food. They didn't draw me lines between bad and good. I will always remember my friends, and how I didn't know some will come to dead ends. I will never forget my words and opposites, or when they said "write an essay, compose it!", "tell a story of your life, what it's made of, all the composites". I'm trying to figure how this helps me, I'm confused, it's no use. They say it takes a village, it's take what you want,  pillage it!